Confused About Buying An Engagement Ring? Check These 5 Tips!
For a man, selecting an engagement ring is almost like a school test, which he must pass. You need to find a ring that will impress your lady, and at the same time, it is more than necessary to stick to a budget. We have five ideas and tips that will sort the process of buying an engagement ring.
- Set the final budget. You may have a heart of gold, but engagement rings, especially the ones with diamonds, come for a high price. First and foremost, decide what you can really afford. While a small increase will not affect a lot, you can always sort your choice based on the budget.
- Consider a customized ring. A customized diamond ring, contrary to what many people believe, doesn’t have to be expensive. All you need to do is find a jeweler who can take orders for custom diamond engagement rings, which includes selecting the metal, diamond and all other aspects like design and style.
- Buy online. It is intimidating for many men to buy diamond rings from a local store, because they are often not sure of the questions they should ask. As a better choice, you can consider buying online. Online retailers often have easy filters, which can be used for customizing the diamond ring for specifications and designs. Since these retailers have limited overheads, you will only pay the price that the item deserves.
- Consider her style. You need to know what your lady would like to have. Keep in mind that most women are very particular about the shape and cut of diamonds. When in doubt, stick to the classic princess or round cut diamond. Clarity and color may not influence the price as much as the cut, unless you are opting for something as rare as a pink diamond.
- Know your diamonds. When it comes to engagements and proposals, nothing really beats the beauty of a diamond. Cut, carat, clarity and color are four Cs that determine the final price you pay for a stone, so do your homework in that department. It is also a good idea to consider what matters the most. For example, some women are fond of simpler rings, while others may want a pronation-style ring.
Finally, do check a lot of options before you buy a ring. It is wise to check more designs and trending ideas, so that you can find something unique and appealing.